Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Riled Up Hull#175 for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc97gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Riled Up Hull#175 for sale
    Posted: 14 April 2021 at 3:11pm
I just sold the boat and wanted to thank all of the members of this forum who have helped me with sailing tips and maintenance over the twenty years I have owned it.  It has been a wonderful boat and I have so many fun memories from both racing it and cruising with it with friends and family.  Please welcome the new owners and help them as you have all helped me over the years.

It as been a pleasure.

Thank you all very much.

Marc Riley

Edited by Marc97gt - 18 April 2021 at 7:09pm
GIGGITY View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIGGITY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2021 at 9:24am
Is the boat staying on the Chesapeake?
Marc97gt View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc97gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2021 at 5:49pm
Chris,
She is moving to Milwaukee WI in a few weeks.
FYI, I posted a note to fatjohnz earlier about bottom paint.  After years of trying both copper and zinc based bottom paints, I finally found one that worked well for us in the brackish waters of the Chesapeake. It was Petit HRT Eco, which is a zinc based bottom paint.  I normally put it in in April and get 2 months of protection on the mooring before the slime and barnacles start making a home on the hull with the rising temps of the bay.   The HRT went on well with a foam roller and some thinning , and gave a smooth semi-hard eggshell finish that kept the slime and barnacles away for most of the season.  It is light activated so the barnacles I got were on the bottom of the rudder and the keel.  The zinc was barely consumed when I checked after pulling it out. A friend who was  still using Baltoplate on his Pearson 30 the next creek over were getting a fair bit of barnacles and at the time, I did not.
Have fun with Giggity and give Tom my best.
 Marc
Foghorn View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2021 at 7:19pm
Wow, that was fast Marc! Not surprising though, she’s a lovely boat, well cared for. All the best to the new owner, hope Riled Up has many happy years in Milwaukee.
Paul White
Decompression
CAN 214
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic