Laser 28 International Class Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Laser 28 General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

laser 28 hull #191 for sale, 1985

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: laser 28 hull #191 for sale, 1985
    Posted: 29 August 2019 at 3:54pm
asking $20000.00, almost total rehab. new Beta 14 diesel 2013, 208 hours ,new cushions 2013. mostly North sails, #1,3di genoa 2017, radian main 2017, #3,3di 2018. two spinnakers good racing shape, has another older spin. and hardly used asym. spin., 3 older #1, 3dl,  pyi  shaft seal 1" ss shaft, brz. strut
martec folding prop,3 gal water heater, hot and cold water pressure, new faucets,20 gallon water bladder tank, new spin. pole, awlgrip hull. deck and mast. new plexiglass windows, fiberglass forward hatch, crew can jump on it. ches phrf 138 spin, cr 141, non spin 141, non spin cr 144, have short pole for non spin. 2013 new teak and holly floor boards, glassed on bottom so they will not rot. raritan phii head with 10 gallon holding tank. call Andy Armstrong, cell # 757-679-1704, or email armstronga0711@gmail.com.

Virginia H. View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2019 at 6:34pm
items i forgot about, 2013 Signet depth and speed, 2013 ritchie compass, life lines replaced. new stanchions , rewelded bow and stern rails, harken adjustable genoa tracks, new Igloo cooler. new ss sink in head, new alum. spinnaker pole with composite ends, weights 7 lbs. reinforced stanchion bases, new mooring ss cleats
Virginia H. View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2019 at 3:32pm
I have trader the Laser 28 in for a Tartan 101,2015. The Laser 28 is on Yacht World under Crusader Yacht Sales in Annapolis, Maryland. The point of contact is Mike Titgemeyer at cell 410-703-7986. His email is "mike@crusaderyachts.com." He is asking $17500.00. The Laser 28 is a great boat but my wife and I wanted a newer boat with more room.
Good Luck.
David Utzschneider View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Utzschneider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2019 at 8:45am
I just bought this boat, had a great sail in 15-30 knot southerlies from Annapolis to Baltimore with my two college-aged kids, everyone is excited about new sailing adventures next year.
Ron Waterson View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Waterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2019 at 9:53am
Congrats David!  That sounds like a nice brisk first sail with her.

Hull 147 - Angel's Share
WJRyan View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJRyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2019 at 9:55am
Welcome David, great way to start the season!
Bill Ryan,

Room4Crew, #155
GIGGITY View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIGGITY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2019 at 7:30am
David, will you be sailing out of Baltimore? There are two of us with Laser 28s on the Magothy River.
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Utzschneider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2019 at 2:22pm
For now plan is to keep the boat at Anchorage MArina in Baltimore, and maybe join the Baltimore Tuesday night series, just need to get a crew and spray some WD40 on some pretty rusty racing skills; I'm more of a boat fixer than racer but that's exactly why I bought the boat.  Sold a Fountaine Pajot 40' catamaran and am enjoying the 90% decrease in maintenance budget.
GIGGITY View Drop Down
Crew
Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIGGITY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2019 at 6:22am
Very nice! I usually try and do a couple races to Baltimore each summer. Hopefully we'll see you out there next summer!
Marc97gt View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc97gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 6:30am

David,

Congratulations on the L28, it is a fun boat to sail. I am the other L28 on the Magothy River. As you have maintenance questions, please reach out on this forum,  the support is great..

Just a few maintenance suggestions,
- Bukh doesn't make the DV8/10 sail drives anymore so consider a zinc based bottom paint. The drives are prone to galvanic corrosion up inside the cavity in the boat as are the Gori props. Keep a few layers of barrier coat on both and use the zinc paint to control corrosion. I mounted some zincs up in the cavity by the joint to the motor.
.-Alan Hutton  <sales@huttonwinches.com> has replacement parts for your maxwell Winches. he is in Australia and is very easy to work with.
- Boatzincs.com carries the saildrive anodes for around $24
- Check the tightness on your keel bolts, they can loosen up over years of sailing. A good snug with a breaker bar and sealant under the heads prevents cracks in the keel joint.
-Add a raw water filter if you don't have one. I lost the original plastic muffler just outside of Annapolis due to a blockage sucked up under way.
-Add a 10A fuse to the Stop solenoid black wire at the control panel as Bill Layton suggested.
-If your rudder post top casting wobbles, Bill's tip for a fillet of epoxy putty inside of the casting where it meets the rudder post, while in the yard works like a charm.
Have fun
Marc

Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Utzschneider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 7:43am
 the previous owner put in a beta marine diesel with a shaft well installed great little motor, the rest of the suggestions make sense and are added to the todo list.   am definitely going to be glass/epoxy the inner frame structure that takes the load from the standing rigging.   will be rewiring the boat as well, and MAYBE sailing it up to Maine next summer, we'll see.
Bill Layton View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Layton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 6:40pm
David,

Just a heads-up. All of the original wiring is tin coated copper strand (except for the lightning ground package)... the proper standard for marine wiring. The real problem we see on L28's is the wiring that gets added after the boat is sold. If you cut a wire or replace a terminal the original wire is tin colored it's good as long as it's not copper color. Any wiring you see that is copper should be removed and replaced with the proper tin coated marine wiring. Hope this helps,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic