FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hull Joint Rub Rail

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
frfletch View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 10:49am
Thanks for the information regarding the rail. Do you know, or have you looked to see what the joint flange actually looks like under the rail. How far does it protrude from the hull and how thick are the two pieces flanged together? I found several mouldings from Wefco Rubber Mfg Co. that might be suitable, but can't tell for sure without knowing configuration of joint.

Frank
Frank Fletcher
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 4:29pm
The rub rail on Andiamo! is ugly as well.  I checked everywhere for the exact replacement, but found nothing.  However, Hamilton Marine in Bath, Maine has a suitable replacement rail.  http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/browse.cfm/4,8742.html
frfletch View Drop Down
Commodore
Commodore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 11:18am
I just purchased hull 166, Voila, and am working on making her the boat I want. The rub rail at the hull/deck joint looks awful, worsened by a previous owner with a caulking gun. I note the rub rail fails to meet the hull by about 3/8" on the top which is what he tried to fill and the rail itself is old, oxidized and ugly. Is there a replacement for these?
Frank Fletcher
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic